In Home Aide Services
In Home Aide Services Level I are intended to assist individuals and their families with attaining and maintaining independence, and improving quality of life.
It is the intent of the In Home Aide Services program to provide home management assistance to an individual to remain in their home as long as possible. The program also provides caregivers assistance for those who need relief from constant caring for the Senior.
Referral Letter for In Home Aide Services
If you or someone you know is interested in In Home Aide Services send a referral letter with the following information of the person in need (this can be a letter from you, it does not have to be from a doctor) :
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Last 4 digits of social security number
- Why the service is needed
- Contact Name and Phone Number
Richmond County Aging Services
225 South Lawrence Street
Rockingham, N.C. 28379
For more information, please contact the
In Home Aide Supervisor.
• Eligibility is not based on client’s income.
• Must be 60 or older.
• A Richmond County resident living in your own home.
• Must have unmet home management needs for the following reasons:
• Unable to carry out one (1) or more tasks essential to instrumental activities of daily living (IADL’s).
• Person needs help with these tasks in order to remain in his/her own home.
• No responsible person is available to perform these tasks or the primary caregiver needs relief.
After eligibility is determined, you will be added to the waiting list. When a slot becomes available you will be assigned to one of our in-home aides that is in your area.
• Wash dishes
• Change bed linens
• Grocery shopping
• Picking up medications
• Transport Clients
• Pet Care
• Yard Maintenance
• Home Repairs
• Heavy Duty Cleaning
There is No Cost to you. Richmond County Aging Services provides this program for Richmond County through Home and Community Care Block Grant Funding.
Individuals are given the opportunity to contribute so our services can be expanded to those in need. Consumer Contributions are voluntary and No One is turned away because of their inability to pay.
Our cost to provide this service is $20.47 for per hour. Keep in mind this is not what the Aide’s make nor what you have to pay. Your contribution is confidential and the amount you give is up to you.
After service begins, we follow-up with our clients frequently to ensure their satisfaction & that the services are being given to the highest quality.