In Home Aide Services Level I are intended to assist individuals and their families with attaining and maintaining independence, and improving quality of life.
It is the intent of the In Home Aide Services program to provide home management assistance to an individual to remain in their home as long as possible. The program also provides caregivers assistance for those who need relief from constant caring for the Senior.
Referral Letter for In Home Aide Services
If you or someone you know is interested in In Home Aide Services send a referral letter with the following information of the person in need (this can be a letter from you, it does not have to be from a doctor) :
Date of Birth
Last 4 digits of social security number
Why the service is needed
Contact Name and Phone Number
Richmond County Aging Services
225 South Lawrence Street
Rockingham, N.C. 28379
For more information, please contact the
In Home Aide Supervisor.
•Eligibility is not based on client’s income.
• Must be 60 or older.
• A Richmond County resident living in your own home.
• Must have unmet home management needs for the following reasons:
• Unable to carry out one (1) or more tasks essential to instrumental activities of daily living (IADL’s).
• Person needs help with these tasks in order to remain in his/her own home.
• No responsible person is available to perform these tasks or the primary caregiver needs relief.
After eligibility is determined, you will be added to the waiting list. When a slot becomes available you will be assigned to one of our in-home aides that is in your area.
In-Home Aides can assist with the following tasks: